- Amazon-like search capabilities, with instant search suggestions and search filters, speed up retrieval of relevant content.
- Smart folders make content discovery easy by grouping files according to what they are rather than where they are stored.
- Mobile access and integration with productivity applications allow people to work from anywhere using devices and interfaces they already know.
Class One integrates in its PMS (Seven Stars), all the billing information in the Alfresco Document Manager (*), directly and automatically.
Alfresco is a content management system from free source code , developed in Java , based on open standards and enterprise-scale for operating systems type Windows , Unix Solaris and some versions of Linux .
It is distributed in three different variants:
- Alfresco Community Edition: It is Free Software , licensed LGPL from open source and open standards .
- Alfresco Enterprise Edition: It is distributed under an open source license and open standards, with the possibility of commercial and proprietary support at scale business .
- Alfresco Cloud Edition (Alfresco in the cloud) which is the version Alfresco SaaS or Software as a Service .
It is designed for users who require a high degree of modularity and scalable performance. Alfresco includes a content repository, a web portal framework to manage and use standard content in portals, an interface CIFS (the old SMB) that provides file system compatibility on Windows and operating systems like Unix , a web content management system, ability to virtualize web applications and static sites via Apache Tomcat , search via the engine Apache Solr – Lucene and Workflow in jBPM .
Maximizing the value of business content
Content chaos occurs when documents are stored in various places, such as laptops and USB sticks, emails and network drives, and in various file sharing sites. These content silos seriously affect business productivity and increase security risks.
Alfresco’s document management solution brings company content under control. Important files, such as legal contracts, marketing assets, and engineering documents, are easily found, shared, and kept safe. What’s more, Alfresco maximizes the value of content by integrating it into core business processes. Information reaches the right person, at the right time, and on the app and devices people use to do their jobs.
Powerful search and discovery
Alfresco makes it easy to find the exact document among the thousands of documents, or even hundreds of thousands of documents that are handled.
Integration of content in processes
The powerful combination of document management and workflow capabilities opens up myriad opportunities to enhance and accelerate the flow of the digital business.
Safe business critical content
Enterprise-grade security controls, coupled with built-in records management capabilities, protect valuable business content at every stage of its life.
- The various layers of access permissions — for sites, folders, and files — control who can view, modify, and delete documents.
- Document versions, including full rollback functionality, simplify document tracking and protect file integrity.
- Simple, automated records management strengthens and demonstrates compliance with information governance policies throughout the document lifecycle.