As we well know, and after several delays, we must apply the PSD2 regulation in credit card charges. There are many doubts in the hotel sector now, having a clear series of operations and knowing the operation in Class One, they will not have any problems.
SCA (Strong Customer Authentication). Enhanced Authentication. Applies to “customer initiated” online payments within Europe. For online card payments, these requirements apply to transactions where both the cardholder’s company and bank are located in the European Economic Area (EEA). (We assume that SCA regulations will apply in the UK, regardless of the outcome of Brexit.)
MOTO (Telephone / Mail Order). Card data collected over the phone is outside the scope of the SCA and does not require authentication.
MIT (Merchant Initiated Transactions). It will be considered an MIT transaction when the cardholder is not present, so it is not possible to carry out their authentication. If the user were present and authentication was possible, it would be considered a transaction initiated by the consumer and there would therefore be no exception. MIT: payment in installments, recurring payment, increases in value, charges for delays, no show, the so-called “Unscheduled Credential on File (UCOF)”, which are those in which the credentials are stored with the consent of the consumer to carry out future payments but without a time schedule or a defined amount (could be, for example, the payment for use of a service) and others. Strong authentication (SCA) must be performed at time of agreement . This authentication will be essential so that when the time comes, the MIT transaction can be carried out. To do this, it must be correctly signaled so that the issuer understands that it should not be authenticated.
- No show , the hotel may charge an amount in advance according to the conditions of the reservation (after authentication by the user). It is a MIT. transaction
- When the client authorizes extra charges (pay for those services that you enjoy during the time of your stay). The customer has left and has left unpaid charges. It is a MIT. transaction
- An email will be sent to the customer with a link in which they must “tokenize” the card with the subsequent Payment Method.
- The customer receives the email instructing him to click on another link.
- By clicking on the new link, you will go to a secure platform where your card details are requested and the validity of the card is checked, in order to make your tokenization Means of Payment.
- Class One receives this client’s tokenized card from the Payment Methods gateway, associating it with the Reservation and / or subsequent stay, without this tokenization being accessed at any time.
- At the time of collection, whether for “no show”, extras, or the hotel bill itself, there will be a form of payment that is charged by tokenized card, which will reliably identify said Reservation / Stay with the previous tokenization , proceeding or denying the collection of the same.
Enhancement and application in CWM (Customer Web Mobile)
In the Customer Web Mobile options (on the Customer’s side), the possibility of “archiving” your data from the tokenized card or not is expanded, so that in subsequent charges you do not have to repeat your data again.
- Comercia Global Payments
CTO Class One Group