With Class One solved
What is meant by Virtual Rooms?.
Also called by some hotels Rooms Family, shared, communicating, …, are those rooms that are formed with the union of 2 or more rooms, but that do not exist in the Booking, because if they existed, the same would be duplicated with those that form it.
- To be able to sell these Rooms (even if they are fictitious), in the different sales channels that we have, with their “quotas” and particular prices, just like the rest of the other rooms.
- That when a Reservation enters us, the 2-3-4… rooms that correspond to it are automatically reserved, but keeping the particularity that it is a Reservation of a Virtual Room.
- Be able to obtain a Booking of Occupied and Available Virtual Rooms at any time.
- Get occupancy statistics for them, ADR, RevPAR, NetADR, NetRevPAR.
- And most importantly, all this without affecting the correct and smooth operation of the hotel
Adjoining and connecting rooms
In travel industry parlance, adjoining rooms are rooms that are next to each other or across the hall.
Connecting rooms are located next to each other and have a connecting door. Therefore, it is not necessary to use the main door of the room to go to the other room. This door can also be closed and locked.
Connecting rooms are preferred by families as it allows parents to ensure that children are safe and sound in their rooms.